The Top 2017 SEO Trends That Will Dominate Page #1 Search Results
Organic SEO is maturing and that means more brands, more ads and more competition.
But, be forewarned, these new immerging SEO trends are the next steps from 2016’s SEO
So what SEO trends do you need to know in 2017 if you want to generate more traffic and leads while staying ahead of your competition?
- Structured data, semantic markup like Schema, Jason-ltd, Micro formats
- Hybrid campaigns
- Mobility speed, AMP
- Mobile-first design
- Semantic search
- Dense content w/ video
- Actionable, Usability content
- Google Quick Answers Featured Snippet
- Dig. Assistant search voice queries
- Topics over keywords
- Personal branding
- Enhanced FAQ section
- User experience optimization UEO
- LSI keyword 75%,25% exact match
- Local authoritative link citations
- Secure HTTPs
- Machine learning, Rankbrain
- Social Content
- Reputation management
- Content personality, write for readers
- AR, artificial, virtual, augmented
- Influencer marketing
- Internet of Things
- Tech- Google Glasses, Apple Watch
- In text, anchor text citations
- Push notifications for return visits and user activity
- Voice of customer, ex Qeryz
- Voice read- reading page content
- Content star ratings
Whether it’s RankBrain or Hummingbird – it doesn’t matter – Google has become proficient at understanding the topic represented by the collection of words on a page. They no longer have to rely entirely on things like the page title, H1 heading, anchor text in links to the page, or repetitions of keywords.
Google will start using schema markup both as a site quality and richness indicator (i.e., affecting rankings), and for creating carousel-like results for certain searches, with Knowledge Graph-like summary data on each result in the list.
Siri, OK Google, Contana?, Amazon Echo
“Siri, find a….” will bring up Yelp
More long-tail, conversational queries from users
Links from low-quality domains for fear of Penguin, when it comes to local SEO, local relevancy has much more weight than authority
Brands need to use their time now, however, to start strengthening their sites for the trends of the future.
Start building branded resources that encourage users to search for “brand + <thing>”.
is why a one-second delay results in a 7% reduction in conversion
The micro-moments describe the reflex of people turning to a device to answer an immediate need.
These needs fall under one of the following categories:
- The I-want-to-know moments
- The I-want-to-go moments
- The I-want-to-buy moments
- The I-want-to-do moments
39 Experts Share Their Top 3 SEO Trends for 2017, https://alamedaim.com/seo-trends/
Michael Cottam is SEO consultant at MichaelCottam.